2. Patients have a right to be treated with respect, consideration, and dignity.
3. Patients have a right to safety in their medical care.
4. Patients have a right to confidentiality in their medical records.
5. Patients have a right to accurate knowledge of their fees preoperatively.
6. Patients have a right to a grievance procedure as noted in our revision policy.
7. Patients have a right to a safe office environment.
8. Patients have a right to dignity in their consultation and physical examination.
9. Patients have a right to thorough knowledge of their diagnosis and treatment options, and prognosis. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information is provided to a person designated by the patient or legally authorized person.
10. Patients have a right to a review of their medical costs and financial options.
11. Patients have the right to refuse to participate in research.
12. Patients have a right to change providers if other qualified providers are available.
Patient Conduct and Responsibilities
Policy Statement: Every patient will be informed of their responsibilities and expected conduct while a patient at Graper Cosmetic Surgery.
Patients of Graper Cosmetic Surgery are informed of their responsibilities and expected conduct. The patient responsibilities and conduct are as follows:
- To be considerate and respectful to healthcare providers and staff, as well as other patients.
- To ask questions if they do not understand instructions or explanations given by the health care providers and/or staff.
- To provide health care providers with accurate information about any allergies, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications including over-the-counter and dietary supplements, as well as any other health matters.
- To keep appointments as scheduled and to notify the office at least 24 hours in advance if you must cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- To follow health care providers instructions and plan of treatment.
- To know payment policies and accept financial responsibility and make payment for all services rendered.
- To participate in decisions concerning their healthcare.
- To provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from the facility and remain with him/her for 24 hours, if required by his/her provider.
Patient Grievance Procedure
Although we believe that a strong partnership between the patient and the healthcare provider is the best way to resolve differences, we recognize the need for a grievance procedure. We also recognize and support the patient’s right to name an advocate in any discussion including, but not limited to, grievances.
If a patient or family member calls with a complaint that involves a staff healthcare professional or a direct health care issue, the complaint will be routed directly to the Medical Director (Dr. Robert Graper) of Graper Cosmetic Surgery.
In the absence of the Medical Director of Graper Cosmetic Surgery, the complaint involving direct health care issues will be routed directly to the Office Manager/Patient Coordinator (Carla Gibson) of Graper Cosmetic Surgery for resolution.
In the absence of the Office Manager of Graper Cosmetic Surgery, the complaint regarding issues other than direct healthcare will be routed to the Medical Director (Dr. Robert Graper) of Graper Cosmetic Surgery.
Any grievance directly involving the hospital in which services were provided by a Graper Cosmetic Surgery health care professional will be initially referred to the Medical Director (Dr. Robert Graper) of Graper Cosmetic Surgery. They will be further referred to the Patient Relations Department of that hospital and handled in accordance with the hospital’s grievance procedures.