Rhinoplasty

Charlotte Rhinoplasty Specialist – Dr. Graper

Over the years, Dr. Graper has earned a reputation as a leading Charlotte nose surgery specialist. He performs this procedure for patients who desire to improve the function and/or aesthetics of the nose. In order to deliver the best possible results for all of his rhinoplasty patients, Dr. Graper takes the time to develop highly personalized treatment plans. By taking into account each individual’s facial characteristics, aesthetic concerns and desires, Dr. Graper tailors each treatment to realize the patient’s aesthetic dreams.

Rhinoplasty: What Is It?

Rhinoplasty is the medical name for reshaping the nose. It is a cosmetic procedure. This is different than the surgery to improve the nasal airway, which is a functional or reconstructive procedure. Frequently, the procedures are done together.

Overview

During your consultation, we will take a medical history, discuss what you would like to change about your nose, examine the structure and support of your nose, look for nasal airway problems and finally, photograph your nose. From these photographs we will make computer images of your current nasal shape. Using the images and your physical exam, we will be able to make a diagnosis as to what is causing the nasal shape to be unsatisfactory. We will then morph the nasal shape based on your facial proportions and your goals to give you an idea what is possible, given your basic nasal structure. We must be careful to note that the images are a goal, not a guarantee.

The Rhinoplasty Procedure

Rhinoplasty is performed on an outpatient basis using twilight anesthesia, in which the patients are breathing on their own but feel no pain and have no memory of the procedure. Operative time is approximately two hours, depending on the changes being made. Our Charlotte rhinoplasty patients go home the same day with a splint on the outside of the nose to protect its new shape. They may also have an internal splint. These splints are removed approximately five days later. After the surgery, swelling will resolve rapidly and will be 80% gone at 6 weeks. However, the remaining 20% may take a year to resolve entirely.

The dynamics of nasal surgery are very complicated and we must be realistic about what we can achieve. Nasal skin thickness and bone structure determine what is possible for each nose. Using your actual photo with computer imaging, we will show you what we believe is an achievable appearance for your nose. Your nose will not be perfect, but it will be safely, predictably, and reliably much improved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

rhino_photo_10

 

 

 

 

 

Follow Us

FacebooktwitteryoutubeinstagramFacebooktwitteryoutubeinstagram
BEFORE & AFTER
SCHEDULE A
CONSULTATION
OUR PATIENTS
ARE SAYING
VIDEOS
FINANCING

“…Thrilled with the results of my rhinoplasty and liposuction. He came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. Staff are excellent and provide great support along the way….”

Rhinoplasty Overview featured on The Wellness Hour

Charlotte Rhinoplasty Specialist – Frequently Asked Questions

What is the procedure like?

Rhinoplasty is done as an out-patient procedure under twilight anesthesia, where the patient is breathing on their own, but does not feel or remember anything. Operative time is approximately two hours, depending on the changes being made.

Who are good candidates for rhinoplasty?

Women and men with unsatisfactory or disproportionate nasal shape who are physically and emotionally healthy, have realistic expectations about the results of the surgery, and understand the risks and benefits of the procedure are ideal candidates for a rhinoplasty procedure.

Can nasal airway problems be treated at the same time?

Yes. The most common cause of airway obstruction is enlarged turbinates followed by a deviated septum and lastly narrowed internal nasal valve. All these issues can be addressed during a cosmetic rhinoplasty and may or may not be covered by insurance.

What is the typical recovery time?

Most of our Charlotte rhinoplasty patients go home the same day of surgery with a splint on the outside of the nose to protect its new shape. They may also have an internal splint. These splints are removed approximately five days later. After the surgery, swelling will resolve rapidly and will be 80% gone at 6 weeks post-procedure. However, the last 20% may take a year to entirely resolve. Most patients return to work at 7–14 days, depending on their job. Strenuous exercise can be resumed at three weeks post-operatively.

How much does rhinoplasty cost?

The cost of the procedure depends on many variables, so it is not possible to give a price without a personal consultation. Associated costs may include the price of the procedure, operating room costs and anesthesia fees. Please contact us for a personal consultation.